Unbelievably, DotMatrix FREE
from the Mac App Store
continues to function under Mojave 10.4.x
as long as you install our camera driver trampoline otherwise known as the QTKitVDIG.component
. Unfortunately, due to some weird problem with the vintage Prefs Pane installer, the only way to install the component is by doing so manually:
- Download BLKOPQKAM_esd.dmg from this link.
- Mount the disk image and navigate to the BLKOPQKAM folder.
- Find the QTKitVDIGPrefs.prefPane and CONTROL+CLICK on the touchpad/mouse and choose Show Package Contents...
- Navigate into the folder Contents and in the subfolder PlugIns find the file named QTKitVDIG.component.
- Copy QTKitVDIG.component to the path /Library/QuickTime on your Mac. This step requires authentication. The QTKitVDIG.component can also be installed for "Current User Only" by copying the file into ~/Library/QuickTime (the QuickTime subfolder in your personal Library folder which is a hidden folder).
- Finally, you must relaunch DotMatrix FREE if it is already running. Upon launch, macOS will request camera access permissions for the app. Choose accordingly.
- DotMatrix FREE (or any other vintage pre-Mountain Lion b-l-a-c-k-o-p camera app) should now function properly.
Tags: apple |